Thailand has introduced a Visa on Arrival facility allows passport holders from 19 different countries to enter Thailand only after they meet the following requirements:
- The visit is strictly for tourism purposes
- The visitor will have to present a confirmed return ticket to show that they will return back within 15 to 30 days.
- Note: Open tickets do not qualify and also travelling overland out of Thailand via train, bus etc. to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, is not accepted as a proof of exiting Thailand.
- You will also need to show a fund of atleast 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand
- A fee of 1,000 THB is payable upon entry and is subject to change without notice.
Those who are not eligible for a visa on arrival & Visa Exemption Rule will have to obtain visas from the Royal Thai Embassy prior to their visit.
Thailand Visa on Arrival Eligible Countries
Following are the *19 Countries eligible to enter Thailand under the VISA ON ARRIVAL rule:
Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Maldives, Mauritius, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan, Ukraine